Naan. At grill side, roll one ball of dough out into a thin circle. Combine water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl. Naan may have derived from bread baked on hot pebbles in ancient Persia.
Stir in the yogurt till the dough is too stiff for a spoon, then knead it in the bowl till it holds together well, adding more flour if necessary. Using a skewer, gently pry the bread off the tandoor wall, taking care not to scratch the clay. Naan is a leavened flatbread that's often served with Indian recipes. You can cook Naan using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Naan
- It’s 2 cup of maida.
- Prepare 1 cup of curd.
- You need 1/2 tbs of salt.
- Prepare as needed of oil.
- It’s as required of coriander leaves chopped.
It can also be served as an appetizer with dipping sauces, such as a cilantro-yogurt sauce or sweet chili pepper sauce. You can find naan bread at most grocery stores, but it's not hard to make at home. Just follow the step-by-step guide below. Naan is an Indian recipe; it's a type of flat bread.
- Take a vessel add maida,baking powder, baking soda,salt,sugar, oil and mix well..
- Now add curd and mix it well. Add water and knead the floor to dough..
- Make dough balls.Take maida dust it with flour and roll it..
- Heat tawa and take one naan and apply water on it.place it for few seconds on medium flame.Flip the tawa on direct flame..
- Cook it till turn brown. Remove the naan from tawa. Apply butter on naan and serve..
Traditionally they are baked inside a very hot clay tandoor oven, with charcoal or wood fire. The naan bread are stuck to the inside of the oven just like the picture below. Naan is a flatbread found in Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, and other surrounding countries. Naan is served for dipping or stuffed with a variety of meats and vegetables. Topping can also be placed on top of the bread.